Join Cheryl Ladd for an in-depth discussion in this video Benefits of qualitative research, part of Marketing Foundations: Qualitative Research.
- [Instructor] Knowing and understanding your customers…is the overarching rule of exceptional companies,…and a great way to learn about them…is through stories.…Stories are a cornerstone of our lives.…We share our experiences with friends through stories.…Stories are powerful and persuasive,…because when we hear a story, we become more engaged,…we become emotionally involved, and we remember.…While we tend to think that business communication…should be rational and objective,…the most compelling communication has a human element,…often delivered simply and personally…through the telling of a story.…
Storytelling is one of the greatest benefits…of qualitative research.…We capture the data through stories,…and we relay it back through stories.…During the research itself, we are often asking respondents…to elaborate on their reaction, their perceptions,…their desires, and sometimes,…we are literally asking them to tell a story.…Through the respondent's narrative,…we can understand context, detail, and emotion,…and hear their choice of words.…
- What is qualitative research?
- The benefits of qualitative research
- Identifying your objectives and methodology
- Creating screeners and discussion guides
- Defining the timeline and logistics
- Writing a report
- Asking questions
- Moderating a group
Skill Level Intermediate
Online Marketing Foundations: Digital Marketing Researchwith Adriaan Brits1h 23m Appropriate for all
1. The Role of Qualitative Research
Qualitative vs. quantitative3m 32s
2. Elements of a Qualitative Research Project
Wrap up1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.