Join Cheryl Ladd for an in-depth discussion in this video Advanced qualitative techniques, part of Marketing Foundations: Qualitative Research.
- [Instructor] Qualitative techniques are any techniques…that go above and beyond straightforward Q&A.…They're essentially tools that help the participants…get in touch with thoughts and feelings…that are below the surface.…And as an added bonus, they keep respondents…engaged and energized throughout the research.…There are many different techniques available…but here are a few examples to help you understand…the value of using these tools.…Perceptual mapping may be used to identify…strengths and weaknesses of a brand,…or determine where there are gaps in product offerings.…
For example, for Kettle Brew, you could have respondents…place brands of coffee makers on a two dimensional grid…of quality and features.…A metaphor is the use of one concept to explain another…unrelated concept in order to more vividly describe…the second concept.…Analogies are one of the most familiar forms of metaphor.…The gist of using an analogy…is to have respondents associate the topic of their research…with something from an unrelated category,…
- What is qualitative research?
- The benefits of qualitative research
- Identifying your objectives and methodology
- Creating screeners and discussion guides
- Defining the timeline and logistics
- Writing a report
- Asking questions
- Moderating a group
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Role of Qualitative Research
Qualitative vs. quantitative3m 32s
2. Elements of a Qualitative Research Project
Wrap up1m 4s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.