The Dial is an optional accessory for the Surface devices. It is basically knob accessory you can use to interface with specialized menus and controls in different applications. This video shows how to pair and set up the Dial, then explains how to use it on the Windows desktop and within some specific applications.
- The surface dial is basically a scroll wheel accessory.…It will work with any Windows 10 computer,…however, there are some special features…that only work with the Surface Studio…and the Surface Pro.…First, you do need to pair the dial…with your computer through Bluetooth.…We saw the Bluetooth pairing process…in the movie on setting put the pen stylus.…To put the dial into Bluetooth pairing mode,…you will need to flip it over…and remove this bottom cover.…It's held on by magnets, so you can just pull it off.…This is where you go to replace the batteries…and the Bluetooth pairing button is here as well.…
I already have this dial paired with this computer,…so I'm going to put that cover back on…and I'm going to put it back on the desk.…And the bottom of that dial is sticky…just so it doesn't slide around.…Now there are three basic actions you have with the dial.…You can roll it by turning the dial left and right.…And on my computer you can see that changes…the volume level of my speakers.…Kind of useful, but so far, not that exciting.…
- Name the important peripheral component that is included with all Surface Books.
- Recall how to bring up the Action Center in Windows 10 using a touch screen.
- Recognize the applications that have native support for the Surface Pen in Windows 10.
- Identify the Windows Settings selection where you find the sign-in options.
- Name the biometric information that you can use to sign into Windows 10.