As well as creating custom maps, we will also want to expand our substance painter arsenal using substances created in the 'Designer' application. This, like custom maps, can add a lot of flexibility as well as uniqueness to our material projects.
- [Voiceover] With our decal images imported…and ready to use, we find ourselves needing…to make a choice now with regard to the work flow…that we want to use in order to add…the required materials to our petrol pump asset.…You see, on the one hand, we could…work solely with the paint tools…found inside substance painter,…and so create all of our materials…from scratch, as it were.…On the other hand, we could choose to make use…of these substance sets that are provided…with painter, be there from the material…and/or smart material tabs.…
And, as a final option, we could also make use…of substances that either we ourselves…or others have created inside the substance…designer application.…It should be noted here, of course,…that what we really have inside substance painter…is a huge range of options that we can…easily mix and match.…I have just listed three focused approaches…for simplicity's sake.…Now, if you are new to substance tools…and want to see how you can go about…creating your own substance materials,…you could check out my "Up and Running…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.