Learn how to work with a single channel, apply an effect, paint on a single channel, and adjust blending modes for a channel.
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to take a look…at creating effects and using blending modes…and in this process we're also going to cover…just a little bit of the layer stack workflow as well.…So here let's just start by using the core TextureSet,…and again, here I just have this soloed…so that we can just really focus on what we have.…And I'm going to come over to the layer stack…and I'm going to start by just creating a Fill layer.…So I'll come up here to the top button…and I'm going to click this Add fill layer button.…And so, like I said, here the whole idea…is that we are going to fill a layer…with some values here from our channels.…
And again, I don't really care for height,…so I'm going to disable that,…and I'm not going to worry about normal at this time.…So we're only looking at color, rough, and metal.…So just to save some time I'm going to use a preset.…So I'm going to come over to my Shelf,…I'm going to come over here to Materials,…and I'm going to start with this Cobalt Pure.…So I'll just left-click just to flood this preset here…
- Creating a project
- Getting to know the views
- Working with layers and materials
- Working with the brush tool set
- Texturing a weapon asset
- Exploring textures
- Rendering in Iray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter: Petrol Pump Game Assetwith Joel Bradley1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting around Substance Painter
2. Baking Textures
3. Working with Layers and Materials
4. Understanding the Brush Toolset
5. Texturing a Weapon Asset
6. Exporting Textures
Exporting textures10m 13s
7. Rendering in Iray
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.