One of the realy cool features of substance painter, is its ability to paint in the '3d view'. With the exact placement of bitmap decals being something that it is particularly good at. The ability to snap the view to precise 90 degree angles (using the alt & shift keys), making orthographic placement of such elements a breeze.
- [Voiceover] As we have all of our base materials in place,…time now to focus on making use of the maps…that we imported right back at the start of our project,…so as to be able to paint some decals onto our mesh,…looking first of all at painting inside our 3D view.…In our Layers panel then,…let's left-click to add a new layer.…Notice here that we are just using a regular layer…and not a Fill layer, which we do, of course,…once at the top of the layer stack.…Let's then double-click to rename it,…"top sign decal,"…which tells us everything we need to know,…as regards what this layer is going to be used for.…
We are going to make use of a brush preset,…with which to paint here,…so in the Brushes tab on the shelf,…let's scroll down until we find the default hard option.…And once we click to select, we are almost ready to paint.…But first of all, we need to come to…our Quick Access toolbar…so that we can locate and click on the Projection option.…Down in the Textures tab,…we want to find the sign decal that we imported earlier,…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley2h 59m Intermediate
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.