Learn how to build the base material with wear and dirt.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we're going to start texturing here, the base.…Now before we get started,…there's one thing that I forgot to do here with the core,…and that's to add these areas here as emissive as well.…So here, I'm just in the core,…I'm going to come back just here to my mask,…and use my Paint tool here.…And then I am going to just quickly…enable Symmetry on the X,…and then I'm going to use my Polygon Fill,…and here I'll just use UV mode again, set to white,…and I'll just come in and select these little areas here.…
And that'll take care of that.…Okay, so now we can jump over to this base,…so here, let me turn off Symmetry,…we're going to hold down…the Control + Alt and right-click on the base,…and that selects the texture set for me.…So, let's get started,…and here I'm going to start here with my layer group,…and here we'll just call this the Base, and within here,…we're going to create ourselves a Fill layer.…And again, this is my base material.…So now, let's take a look.…
We're going to turn off our height,…
- Creating a project
- Getting to know the views
- Working with layers and materials
- Working with the brush tool set
- Texturing a weapon asset
- Exploring textures
- Rendering in Iray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter: Petrol Pump Game Assetwith Joel Bradley1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting around Substance Painter
2. Baking Textures
3. Working with Layers and Materials
4. Understanding the Brush Toolset
5. Texturing a Weapon Asset
6. Exporting Textures
Exporting textures10m 13s
7. Rendering in Iray
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.