Substance Painter also gives us the ability to paint details into our materials using particle brushes. These use the baked data maps created at the start of the course to gauge the angle and slope of the fbx mesh. This in turn, drives the particle motion, leaving the material of choice behind. Here we will set up the atributes for our particle paint brush.
- [Voiceover] In this video, we're going to continue on…with our mission of adding some unique details…to our petrol pump material…by taking the time to set up the particle brush…that we will be using in order to…add some very specific dirt streaks to our mesh.…To make a start list, create a new blank layer…in the layer stack, and then double click to re-name it,…calling this dirt streaks.…I am being specific here, as I want to differentiate…between this and the more general dirt layer…that we will be adding at a later point.…
As we are wanting to work with a particle brush here,…let's come down to the particle tab on the shelf,…and click to select the leaks option.…Now we could, of course, build our own brush…from scratch if we wanted to.…But, as I'm a firm believer in not trying…to re-invent the wheel when it isn't necessary,…I'm instead going to use this pre-set brush…as a jumping off point.…Now at this moment in time, the effect that we get…from this particular brush is a bit too intense…for our needs.…
So, let's go ahead and adjust one or two of its options.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.