Substance Painter allows us to render out an ID pass, based on our meshes export parameters, so we will want to split our mesh into different vertex colours in order to help mask our textures and materials inside substance painter. We do that via element sub object mode where we can apply unique vertex colours to our mesh.
- [Voiceover] Having taken a look at some of the basic setup…applied to our petrol pump geometry,…let's dig a little deeper now…by selecting that object in the View Port…and then from inside the Modify tab…assigning a Vertex Paint modifier to it.…Once we have that we can hit the Vertex Color Display button…in the floating Vertex Paint window…so as to be able to see the vertex colors…that I have already assigned to the mesh.…And as a side note depending on which version of Max…we're using here we may need to make sure…the Toggle Texture Display button is set to Off.…
These colors though as you can clearly see…nicely separate the various elements on the mesh.…We have one vertex color for the glass panel,…one for the main body, one for the hose and so on.…Of course the question you may well be asking…yourself right now is how do I actually…go about assigning these colors…to the geometry in the first place?…Well, if we jump into the Elements of Object mode,…select the top of our petrol pump body…and then come down to the Surface Properties roll-out…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.