Substance painter gives us the ability to create custom tools. These can be thought of as 'super brushes' that contain material as well as brush settings that can be loaded into painter at the click of a button, and then reused in multiple projects.
- [Voiceover] In this final video for the chapter,…we're going to take a quick look…at how we would go about setting…up a custom tool that could then,…theoretically be utilized throughout the duration…of the material creation process.…Now, although we will walk through…creating a simple custom tool a little later on,…I feel that knowing how to both…make and use them at this early point…in the course would be a useful thing to do.…What exactly that is a tool in…the Substance Painter Universe.…Well, essentially, we could describe a tool…as a kind of super brush, and in fact,…if I open up the Tools tab on the shelf UI,…you can see that what we do have…is a number of them already preinstalled…with Painter.…
We have a bullet impact brush, a frost brush,…a zipper brush and a good number of others as you can see.…To see how we go about making our own tool,…let's come over to the paint properties panel,…and make a few changes to our brush settings.…For a start, let's come to the alpha controls…and choose dirt 04 from the list.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.