Learn how to add normal detail and rebaking maps to account for painted details.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to take a look at…creating some additional normal detail,…and we're going to do that here on this base texture set,…so I could probably do this anywhere in my layer stack…since we're just working with normal information,…so I'm just going to do it at the top,…and we'll create a new layer here,…and for the name, we'll just call this Normal Detail.…The first thing that I'm going to do…is just come over here to my brushes,…and I'm going to select this default soft brush,…and then here in my texture set settings,…we'll scroll up here toward the top.…
We already have a normal channel,…and again, this normal mixing is set to Combine,…and we've covered that in a previous video.…We talked about that whatever detail we place here…in the normal channel, that's going to combine with this…baked normal map information,…and that's exactly what we want to do.…We'll just zoom in to this, and, let's see,…we've got our brush.…We're going to come over here to our material,…and I'mma turn off all these channels,…
- Creating a project
- Getting to know the views
- Working with layers and materials
- Working with the brush tool set
- Texturing a weapon asset
- Exploring textures
- Rendering in Iray
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter: Petrol Pump Game Assetwith Joel Bradley1h 32m Intermediate
1. Getting around Substance Painter
2. Baking Textures
3. Working with Layers and Materials
4. Understanding the Brush Toolset
5. Texturing a Weapon Asset
6. Exporting Textures
Exporting textures10m 13s
7. Rendering in Iray
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.