Something else that we can do here, is paint in the 2d view, with the general method being more or less the same as the 3d view. We can use the polygon selection tool to mask our projection to a very specific portion of the fbx mesh in order to perform precise placement in the UV mapping view.
- [Voiceover] With one decal already nicely placed…on our mesh, we're ready to make use…of the second of our imported maps…and create a sale readout that will sit behind…our glass panel.…To do that, let's create a new blank layer…for our second image, so again,…not a fill layer, and then call it sale decal.…Let's turn on projection mode from our…quick access tool bar, and then come down…to the textures tab on the shelf…in order to locate, and then left click and drag…the second of our decals so as to drop it…onto the base color control of our brush.…
As we are going to use our 2D view to place…our image this time around, let's come over to that,…and then use the ALT key and middle mouse button…in order to focus the view on the area of the mesh…that sits just behind the glass panel,…which, of course, is where we want…this decal to sit.…Once there, we can hold down the S key…and then right click and drag in order to scale…our projection to just the right size,…remembering, of course, to also use…the middle mouse button in order to get…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.