We will always want a way to add variation to our materials, without of course having to do lots of repetative and time consuming work, here we see that we can right click and duplicate our fill layers so as to re use our substances with just some slight parameter tweaks. This gets us the variation that we want, without sacrificing speed of production.
- [Voiceover] Having restricted our red paint material…so that it only shows up in areas of…our model that we want, we are…ready in this video to add a variant…of our base metal substance to other areas.…Specifically ones on which we want…a bare metal finish.…Now, we could just add a new fill layer to our…stack here and then creating…new and unique metal material with…its own unique parameters.…Before doing that though,…it's usually a good idea to examine…the work we have done so far.…In order to see there isn't a smarter…or quicker way of getting what we need.…
Indeed, in this instance we could,…as we have already hinted at,…simply reuse the base metal layer…that we already have here.…After, of course, having made some…slight changes to the substance parameters…as exposed in the substance designer application.…To make a start then, lets right click…on the base metal layer inside our layer group…and then select the duplicate layer option.…Now this of course creates the duplicate…inside the layer group,…which isn't really what we want in this instance.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.