Most texture and material projects will need supplementing with external maps created inside applications such as adobe Photoshop or Allegorithmics bitmap 2 material. we can add these very simply in painter via a left click and drag from a system explorer window.
- [Voiceover] Once we are ready to get started…with the texturing process inside substance painter,…one of the things that we will no doubt want to do…is bring in external maps that perhaps either…ourselves or a work colleague has produced…for the meshes on our particular project.…To cover that workflow we are, in this instance,…going to bring in some pre-made decals…that can be applied to our mesh,…so as to help give it a more unique look.…Now, these are just quick and dirty examples,…of course, but the processes that we will use…would be the same no matter what bitmap…we wanted to use.…
Now, in version one of substance painter,…we would probably have done this…by coming to the file menu and clicking…on the import image option that could be found there.…Only, and as you can clearly see,…that is no longer the case in substance painter two,…and although we do have this import resource option,…if I click on that, though, rather than being…given the option to bring bitmaps or anything else…into painter, I instead get a dialogue…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley2h 59m Intermediate
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.