At the start of the course, we took the time to set up our own opacity channel, and now is the time to put that to good use. What we want to do is create a glass panel, which means we will need to engage our opacity channel inside the properties panel, and then paint with the appropriate colour to either make parts of our mesh either transparent or opaque.
- [Voiceover] At the start of the material creation process,…you may remember that we took time out…in order to create a new opacity channel for ourselves,…given that this was something not created for us…by default, in Substance Painter.…Well, in this movie, we're going to take a look…at how we can go about putting that channel to use.…As on our other materials,…we can use just a single fill layer to create this,…given that all we are really going to be doing…is using a black color.…Although we could get a little fancy, and add some breakup…in the opacity levels.…
Seeing as we are going to be adding some reflection breakup…a little later though,…in order to help mimic surface dirt or grease,…let's keep things simple for now…and just get our glass material up and working.…A left click and drag will allow us to place our new layer…at the top of the stack, if it is not there already,…where we can double-click and rename it either "opacity"…or "glass", depending on what it exactly it is…that we are wanting to mimic.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.