Substance painter allows us to bake unique maps per mesh, this means that effects such as edge wear can be placed in the correct places for each fbx mesh. Here we will look at adjusting our ID pass as well as considering effects such as ambient occlusion, which can not only add to our texture quality, but can also be used to drive generators.
- [Voiceover] In this exercise, we're going…to use our imported petrol pump FBX mesh…to drive the baking process that we will use…to create a couple of really important map types…that will be needed later on in the texturing process.…To do this, let's make certain that we can…see the texture set settings panel, and if we need to,…use the small scroll bar to move…down the list of options there,…until we can see the additional map setup,…which also happens to have the bake textures button…that we want, sitting right next to it.…
Once we click this, we gain access…to substance painters baking dialog.…But the very first thing that we will want to do…is define a high definition mesh…in the high poly parameters section.…If, for some reason, you are not seeing the same options…as I am here, then you may need to click…on the common option, found to the left of the UI,…in order to access them.…To add the mesh, all we need to do…is click the load file icon, and again,…navigate through the exercise files…and FBX_Meshes folders.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley2h 59m Intermediate
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.