The 3d View is our way of seeing what the mesh we are working on might look like in our game engine. Aside from any unique lights or post effects that we may have, this means that setting up the view so as to give us optimal feedback is paramount. This we can do from substance painters 'viewer settings' tab.
- [Voiceover] What we want to to spend…a few minutes doing in this…final video for the chapter,…before we move on to actually texturing our asset,…is improve the overall usability of our 3D viewport.…In other words, we want to make things look…a little closer to how we might expect…our asset to be displayed inside a game engine.…To do this, we're going to jump, first of all,…into the Display Settings tab…and then activate the post effects options.…This means we can now go ahead and…turn antialiasing on for our view.…
If I just expand and dropdown here,…you can see we don't actually have…any parameters with which to work here,…and so this is a straight on or off effect,…one that can help make things look both cleaner in the view,…and hopefully push things a little closer to how they,…again, will be seen inside a game engine.…Now, because this is a post effect,…we may find ourselves needing to…reactivate this each time we open…the Substance Painter application.…So, do be sure to just keep an eye on…how things are working there.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.