The final material that needs creating here is a plastic that will be used on the sign and decal areas of our mesh. These can also help add contrast to the outline of our mesh, and so we will use premade materials that come with substance painter for speed and ease of use.
- [Voiceover] In this video,…we're going to add one final substance to our model,…as we look to create a kind of aged…or weathered-looking plastic.…As with our other materials,…we're going to create a new fill layer in our stack here,…making certain, of course, that it is sitting at the top,…after which we can double-click,…in order to rename it "Weathered Plastic".…With the fill layer selected,…we want to come into the materials tab on the shelf,…and set up the basic properties for our material…by clicking to select the plastic PVC option.…
This, as we have seen before, will load into our layer,…where we can start to make some adjustments to it.…To get a better view of the material,…let's hold down the alt key,…and then left click and drag in the 3D view,…so that we can more clearly see…just how this material is working.…Now, we could make quite a few adjustments…to the parameters here,…such as level out high, and level out low options.…But for now, let's stick to tweaking…just the level out high value setting it at 0.2.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.