Opacity is something taken for granted in offline rendering, but in a game engine, we sometimes need to specifically set up an Opacity channel and then enable it. This indeed, is the case in painter where we need to choose from either the alpha blending or alpha test shaders, as well as set up a new opacity channel to use.
- [Voiceover] In this particular video,…we're going to walk through the process…of adding an extra channel to our textures,…that's something that is not currently provided…by default inside Substance Painter.…This is an opacity channel that will be needed…for the few areas of our petrol pump objects…that need to look as if they are made…from either a glass or a translucent,…so somewhat see-through, plastic.…To add this, we will want to come back…to the Texture Set Settings panel,…which is not an easy phrase to say, I'll tell you.…And then in the Channels area,…click the plus sign,…and then add a new Opacity channel…from the dropdown list that appears.…
Once done, if we scroll down the channel list itself,…we should be able to see that a new,…controllable opacity channel has been added…to our texture map set.…Indeed, if we come over to our Properties window,…you can see, as I scroll across here,…that our opacity channel has been tagged onto the end.…Now by default, Substance Painter doesn't actually display…opacity information in their 3D view,…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.