We will also want to add edge wear to our new 'painted metal' material, in order to keep it visually in line with the rest of our weathered game asset. This can easily be done using mask generators, which we don't always need to build from scratch. Here we will use some of painters pre made generator assets.
- [Voiceover] With all of the masking done and in place,…we are ready to both add and adjust the two substances…that we will be using in order to create…the dark blue paint material that we want to apply…to the outer edges of the base of our petrol pump mesh.…To do that, let's click to select the dark blue paint layer…inside of our dark blue painting metal group,…and then come to the materials tab on the shelf.…In the search field there, we want to type the word steel.…Then from the filtered list,…select the Painted Steel option.…This, as you can see, has parameter…and technical parameter roll-outs,…both of which contain exposed options that we can adjust.…
As we again want our paint…to look a little on the weathered side,…let's increase the rust amount…in the parameter's roll-out to 0.06,…which as soon as we press the Return key,…even using 512 maps as we are…should start to show up on our paint.…As I'm happy with this for now,…let's turn off the paint layer in the group,…and then select the base metal clean layer.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley2h 59m Intermediate
Sebastien Deguy: Allegorithmic Changing the Art of Gameswith Sebastien Deguy57m 17s Appropriate for all
Mastering UVW Mapping in 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley2h 32m Intermediate
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.