Our material work is almost done, but it does still need an overall layer of dirt in order to tie the whole thing together. This can be accomplished with just a layer, and a mask generator. We also have a slight problem with our pre baked maps that we will show how to solve, without having to redo all of our texture work. Just another good reason to use substance painter in our game asset creation workflow.
- [Voiceover] After re-enabling both…our shadows and post processing features,…we are in this final video for the course…going to add a finishing touch as it were…and apply a layer of more generalized dirt…to the petrol pump material…just to mix things up a little.…To do that, let's select the dirt general layer…that we created right at the end of our last exercise.…And then right click, and now let's add a fill to it.…Now, this as you can see, covers our entire model,…and so, by extension, gets rid of the old passiter…that we already worked at to set up.…
Of course, we don't really want that,…and so we will come back and fix that…in just a minute or two.…Let's makes some tweaks to the…properties of the fill layer then.…We can, of course, disable our streaks layer…by clicking the eyeball icon if we don't…want it getting in our way.…With probably the first thing that…we will want to adjust being our color.…We can click on the color swatch then,…and set this to a really dark grey.…The exact tone of which I will leave up to your discretion.…
- Setting a mesh for importing
- Creating a new project
- Baking maps
- Using custom bitmaps, substances, and tools
- Adding fill layers
- Masking elements
- Adding substances
- Working in the 3D and 2D views
- Using particle brushes to add dirt and grime
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Setting Up Our Substance Painter Project
2. Customizing Our Painter Tools
3. Using Substances and Masks to Paint Our Object
4. Adding Unique Details with Stencils and Particles
What next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.