Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the 3D view, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- Having demonstrated how we can link a 3D mesh…to our package in Substance Designer,…the next logical step, to my mind at least,…would be to want to see how we go about…actually viewing that mesh here inside the application.…We do this via the 3D view that we can see here.…Now naturally enough, this is going to be a portion…of the user interface that we will spend…quite a bit of time looking at.…Because of this, we are going to hover our mouse…over the UI's dividing line here,…and then click and drag updwards a little way…so as to give ourselves a bit of extra space…to both view and navigate around our 3D mesh.…
Although, we can apply the same layout tweak…to pretty much all of the Substance Designer UI…should we want or need to.…We can even click the header of each UI section…and move those around if we want to,…and the UI will automatically update…to show us just where the panel is going to be dropped.…Once we let go, the whole UI will update automatically,…meaning we can go ahead and continue working…with the reconfigured tools without any real break…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.