Using B2M inside another application rather than as a stand-alone is something that all users need to know, simply because this is how B2M 3 has really been designed to be used. Indeed, you'll see a few problems later on in the course that highlight why t
- [Instructor] In this video we're going to discuss…an important aspect of possible Bitmapped material…work flows, namely the reason why we should consider using…B2M inside the application that we will be rendering…our final materials in rather than the standalone option.…Which may seem like an odd thing to say but as we've been…looking through the options found in the B2M standalone…application you may have noticed that there is no obvious…way in which we can save the map and material settings…that we may have spent quite some time creating.…
Granted, we can save out a preset for our parameter…settings that we create and then reload those into…the application after re-adding our Bitmap.…But as I am sure you will agree, that seems like a bit…of a clunky workflow to say the least.…If you recall though we have already noted in chapter one…that the parameter controls that we see here on the right…of the UI are completely identical to those found…in the B2M archive that we are able to use in a number…of content creation applications.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.