Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What's next?, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- To conclude our Up & Running with…Substance Designer course, I would like to…leave you with a few quick recommendations…in connection with your development…as both a Substance Designer user…and as a texture artist in general.…As regards Substance Designer,…we already have a fantastic resource…available in the form of…the allegorithmic website itself.…Here, from the Learn section, we can access…tutorials, user guides, the allegorithmic blog,…and of course the all-important…Substance Designer forums.…
I say all-important because from here we can…get answers to Substance-based questions,…from both members of the allegorithmic team…themselves, and also from other artists who…are currently making good use of the software.…This is also an excellent place to show our…current work-in-progress efforts in order to get…feedback and constructive criticism from…fellow users.…I would also recommend fully utilizing your…subscription to lynda.com, watching as much…texture or material-based training as is…practical from the online training library,…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.