Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Substance B2M.
- [Instructor] As we work through this texturing coarse together I am going to try and keep you informed as regard to locations and keyboard shortcuts that I access and make use of. Although I will to a certain extent be working with the assumption that you have at least a basic knowledge of image manipulation and the 3D texturing process as a whole. If that is not the case then you may want to check out some of the great titles that can be found here on Lynda.com. Perhaps focusing on initially on courses such as my own Game Asset Creation Stylized Wood Crate and Judd Roy's Game Art Asset Texture Pipeline.
As these courses take you through the modeling, UV mapping and material creation process for some basic game assets with an added benefit being that, well, you will certainly get a good idea of what the general process of texturing 3D assets for games is all about. You will probably also want to investigate at least some of the dozens of Photoshop courses that can be found here in the Lynda library. As these can certainly help you get a good sense of general image manipulation, including a good idea of just how far you can push images and what you should look out for whilst manipulating them.
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.