Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Weave in the color, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- In a woven wall covering, because the wall is assumed…to be flat or close enough, it's important to get…the color going to really make sure that weave stands out.…Unlike other materials like stone where the normal…really comes into play, a weave here really needs the…color to read correctly.…I'll take a quick look at the reference imagery to…make sure I've got the right colors going in the…different parts of my weave, and then mask them in…using that weave generator and the other components.…I'm back on the Maya Romanov site and there's that…Dominica weave, I'll select it, and we can see…in the blowup here that there's the wide threads,…kind of a straw color, there's the obviously…striated vertical threads behind and then there's a bit…of a backing color and a paler version of the straw.…
Back here in Substance Designer then, I'll get…my colors going.…Starting out with my solids, by clicking CLR for…uniform color, and making my three different colors.…For the straw color I'll choose a warm, orange yellow…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.