Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Vary highlights, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Terrazzo does have a good deal…of variation in the surface,…although at first glance it appears…to be a uniformly polished surface.…We need to add in some variation to the chips,…as some of those stones may be more metallic…and hence, glint a little bit in different lights.…I'll take a quick look at my reference imagery…to see how to customize the metallic…and roughness qualities of this terrazzo.…In this image we can see that the highlight…from those lights across the way zigs a little bit,…that there's a little bit of wave in the surface,…and also some slight fracturing in there.…
We can also see, as we look at the various images,…that there's a little bit of glint from some of the chips,…that they show up differently depending on the angle…we're looking at them from.…So I need to be able to customize the metallic…and roughness qualities of those chips…independently of the color…and make sure they really stand out.…What we'll find is that some rock we use…tends to look a little more metallic…and have a little more luster to it,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.