Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using generator nodes to create small surface detail, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- In this video, we're going to perform…a simple task in comparison with our previous efforts…of setting up a system for adding small, nice detail…to our substance.…I say simple because having already had…quite a bit of practice with using…and combining multiple nodes in a substance graph,…I decided to deliberately keep this part of the process…as simple as possible.…Although you can, of course, feel perfectly free…to make it a little more complex…for yourself if you so desire.…To get started, let's come over to our Graph view…and use the middle mouse button…to give ourselves a little bit of room here…as we are going to want to create a new frame…into which we can add our new node network.…
We can do this by pressing the spacebar key…and choosing the Add Frame command.…As always, I want to give the frame a unique title…so let's click to select it,…and then over in the Property panel…give it the name Small_Detail_Gem…and then press enter.…As always, I like to make my frames easy to identify…so I am going to make this visually different…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.