Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using filters (Blend, etc.) to create the diffuse maps, part of Up and Running with Substance Designer.
- As we should by now be quite familiar…with creating and connecting nodes together,…I just want to give you a little heads up…at the start of this chapter and let you know…that we are going to go through the first few videos here…at a little quicker pace than has been the norm…up to this point.…This if nothing else should help us get comfortable…working in Substance Designer at a productive rate.…The first thing we are going to want to do here…is create the diffuse or base color components…of our substance.…To do that let's make a little space for ourselves…in the graph view.…
Then hit the space bar key in order to go ahead…and create a new frame for ourselves.…Let's name this Diffuse,…press enter, and then change the frame color…to a nice bright purple.…Making certain of course that our frame…is gong to be big enough for us to easily…place our nodes inside of.…Next we want to come over to…our trusty Noise generator section…and scroll down in the list…until we come to the grunge map 011…and grunge map 013 nodes.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.