Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the exercise files, part of Substance B2M.
- [Instructor] If you are a premium member of the Lynda.com online training library, then you have access to the exercise files that will be used throughout the duration of this training title. These can be found in the Exercise Files folder which I've gone ahead and placed on my desktop. You can, of course, store and access this folder from wherever you look. As we are going to be looking at how to use the Bitmap2Material application here, you will find, along with the single photographic image that we will be making use of throughout the course, a Substance file that has had all of the tweaks and adjustments applied, but should you want to simply look over how Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer can be used to effect an image in order to produce a set of texture maps.
It isn't essential that you use these particular files in order to follow along with and benefit from the texture training found in this course. As you could also use image file of your own if you would prefer. If you are a monthly or annual subscriber to Lynda.com, then you won't have access to the exercise files download, but that same option of following along using an image of your own is very much open to you.
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.