Inside the light cancelation controls, you have options available that can help remove highlights from your maps by replacing them with the colors that are found around them—meaning that even when using input images that have specular reflections built in
- [Voiceover] Now you may be wondering,…why we are once again going to be looking…at light cancellation,…seeing as we have already covered the controls…in an earlier chapter.…Well simply put, there are more controls available…than those that we have already considered.…Some of which are in fact hidden by default.…Taking a look at our bitmap then,…if we zoom in,…we can see that some of the moss…and perhaps more importantly some of the leaves…have both specular properties…and embedded lighting information,…showing up as highlights or bright areas in the image.…
As we would want to recreate these effects for ourselves…using material properties such as…roughness and our own scene lighting,…we really need to remove or at least dampen…these effects down in the image as much as we can.…To do that, we can use the light equalizer controls…with the positive controls removing highlights…from our images,…whilst the negative ones, removes shadows…cast by strong direction lighting.…As we don't really see such lighting here,…we won't need to touch the negative controls at all.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.