Once the Iray render engine is selected for the view port, gaining control over the speed of rendering, as well as well as quality of image is going to be key. We can do this via the min and max sample options, as well as by controlling the maximum amount of time allotted to the render, in values of seconds. Getting a balance between the two is our goal.
- [Voiceover] Now that we have the Iray render engine…active in our 3D view, we are,…more likely than not, going to want to optimize it…for either speed or visual fidelity.…Thankfully, the controls for this…are simple and easy to use.…If we come to our Renderer tab…and come to the Edit option,…you will notice that that, this time,…because we are using the Iray renderer,…we actually have a number of options…that become available to us.…The first that we will take a look at here…being Min and Max Samples.…And what do these do?…Well, these controls essentially give us the ability…to set the level of quality that we will see…in our final render.…
In other words, the minimum and maximum number…of samples per pixel that can be used…to produce the final image.…If we set the max value here to 15…and then orbit around in the 3D view,…then we see the view port update…as Iray tries to make use of the max number…of samples that we've made available to it.…However, we have a second-level quality control…that we need to take into consideration here.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.