The 3d view has always had drop down menus for accessing options, in the past this put lights cameras and environment controls in one long list, not any more. Separate properties controls for each will help speed us up in our day to day work.
- [Voiceover] The first major set of changes…that I want to take a look at in this update chapter,…given that they will definitely impact a number of steps…found in the original videos,…come in the form of alterations in the UI.…The first of which, can be found,…inside the 3D view.…Indeed, when compared to videos found in the main body…of the course, we can instantly see here…that we now have quite a few extra menu items.…This is due to the fact that Allegorithmic…have now separated out the lights, camera,…and environment controls into their own menus,…each of which house a very specific and focused set…of control options.…
So, for example, we can open up our lights menu,…choose edit from the options found there,…and now, see controls that pertain only to the lights…in our 3D view.…Now, we can obviously still set options…such as enable and disable, change the color, and so on.…But, something new here is the fact that…we also have the ability…to adjust the intensity of each light…by means of an intensity slider.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.