After making so many edits, you can use the detail slider to add some sharpness back into areas that you have pulled light information from. This helps you avoid having areas of the image looking too soft or too sharp when compared to the rest.
- We are nearly done with the creation…of our base color map, here.…But before we move on to other areas of the material,…let's make some final tweaks in order to ensure…that it is as good as we can make it.…Now, typically speaking,…whenever we make edits to a pixel-based image,…it is inevitable that detail is going to be lost.…This is simply because,…depending on the operations performed,…we are either replacing image data,…removing image data,…or moving image data around, and so on.…
Because of this, there is a very simple control…in BitMap2Material that we may want to use…in order to try and add at least the appearance…of some of that detail back in.…For instance, when removing lighting…from an image, it is possible…to soften edges or lose definition in the image…as we have, for all intents and purposes,…ripped out parts of the image data…and replaced it with something else.…To counter this effect,…in the Diffuse/Base Color Controls,…down towards the bottom,…we have this Diffuse Detail slider.…
As we increase the value here,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.