Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the tile in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization (2017).
- [Instructor] When your Substance Designer material…is nearing completion it's important to test it…in your design application.…Right now we're testing on cubes, spheres, cylinders,…and other simple geometry here in the 3D View.…I'm actually going to export…this Substance Designer material out…and test it in the Unity game engine.…Substance Designer materials will work…in any number of applications,…including game engines, modeling applications,…like Autodesk 3ds Max or Maya,…or building information modeling software, like Revit.…Before I export this out as a Substance Archive…there's a couple of minor compatibility changes to make…and these will vary depending on what version…of the application it is you're exporting to…and also what version of Substance Designer you're using.…
What I'll do is choose Edit…and Preferences from the top menu,…in Preferences go to the Projects section,…and in here we'll rollback the Substance Engine to version 5…to ensure compatibility.…Remember, that Substance Designer and Unity,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.