Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the terrazzo in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] The terrazzo is nearly complete…and we're ready to test it in a design application.…I'll be testing this out in a sample scene in Unity…to see how it looks as I navigate around in real time.…I am going to put a little bit…of variation in the Normal here,…just to make it disturb slightly,…to fracture that reflection on the surface.…First, I'll select that Normal output node…and create a Normal node near it.…With this Normal node we need to make sure we're compatible.…I'm using Substance engine five,…so I need to make sure…that Fill Alpha with Input is selected.…
Then I'll add this Normal node…into the input of that Normal output,…and finally, put something in.…What I'm going to do is use some clouds in here…just to vary that surface ever so slightly…to make the reflection skip.…Under Generators there's Noises…and I'll scroll up and find some clouds.…I'm going to pick Clouds 2 and pull these in.…These are some simple clouds,…which I'll increase the Size on up to 2 by 2,…and then pipe them into that Normal.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.