Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the terrazzo in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Different colors of terrazzo…are separated by metal splines.…And it's important to get the metal splines…in the right place and showing slightly different…than the rest of the terrazzo,…as they are actually metal against the matrix…and chips of rock.…I'll take a quick look at some reference imagery…on those metal splines to see how they should appear.…In terrazzo then, anywhere that there's a difference…in color, we're going to see metal splines,…and these are small strips of metal that are emplaced…on the substrate before the terrazzo is poured.…As we look through these images, we can see the splines…in different places, separating the parts in this design,…as a faint outline around the blue here.…
They even separate the parts of the compass,…and the different colors around in the quadrants.…They're slight glimmering bits,…and they show up as a slight change in value.…They're especially prominent here in this photo…of the terrazzo giraffes.…We can see them in the lower left and right,…especially of this image, and on the right side,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.