Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the stone in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] As always, it's important…to try out your material in a scene…where you've got the lighting and models…you're going to be using, whether it's in a rendering…or in a real time application.…We've got our preview here in Substance Designer,…but we want to take this archive as soon as it's ready…and test it out, making sure it really works as intended.…I'll check for compatibility before export,…scrolling out and watching for any nodes…that are highlighted in yellow.…What I've done is to switch my version,…choosing edit, preferences, and under projects…rolling back compatibility mode to substance engine five.…
This way I'm compatible with Unity and 3ds Max for example.…Any nodes that are incompatible…will show up with a yellow ring.…For example, our normal, when we switch over…to Force Alpha To 1, will have a yellow ring…denoting compatibility issues.…Right now, everything looks good,…so I'm ready to export out this substance material.…I'll right click on that package…and choose export SBSAR file, or press ctrl+p…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.