Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the mesh in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization (2017).
- [Narrator] Once you've got your woven patten together…and all the correct nodes and the color are exposed,…it's important to test this out in a large scale application…in the right lighting.…I'm going to export out this Substance Archive…and bring and bring it into Unity so I can test it out…in real time in a number of different lighting conditions.…If you're working in another application,…make sure you export out your archive and test there,…whether it's Autodesk Maya, previous Max…or another application.…Again, the idealized situation of our 3D view…doesn't always do justice to our pattern,…so we need to make sure that it really works…in our intended scene as closely as possible.…
I've already checked for compatibility…that I'm using Substance Engine Version 5…and there's no nodes here highlighted in yellow.…So I'm good to go on this.…We can also see here that I haven't done…anything with height as we're really just…not going to use it in this woven pattern.…It's just too flat.…It's okay to leave that there…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Intermediate
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.