Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Test the flooring in a scene, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] This wood tile material is looking good.…There's just a couple more tweaks we need to make in order…to get it ready for export.…We can see here in the output that I haven't yet put…anything into the metallic or height categories.…I'll connect the height first in case we have an application…that supports that map.…For this, I'm going to use my gray scale I'm using…for roughness as it's got all the right parts in it.…But one thing we do need to do on this is make sure…the grout goes down instead of up.…To do this, I'll put in another blend.…I'll blend in my very desaturated bricks to the background…and over them put my white bricks with dark grout.…
Then I'll change the blending mode to multiply…which is like multiplying by one any where these…bricks are white giving me a slightly lower height…where the grout is.…Now I'll pipe this blend into that height.…With the height in, I'll get a metallic value going.…For this, we just need a constant, this will just…modulate the overall shine and reflection qualities…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.