When creating ambient occlusion, you can sometimes get either too sharp or too soft of a result. You can exercise a little extra control here by using either the sharpen or denoise settings accordingly.
- [Instructor] So, what do we do if the ambient seclusion…that we are producing with Bitmap2Material…is either too noisy or too soft?…Well, generally speaking, there will be nodes available…in the various applications…that should be able to help us.…For instance, in Substance Designer…we have both blur and sharper nodes available for use.…If we prefer to handle everything…inside of the Bitmap2Material node however,…then we could just as easily use the Sharpen…and Denoise settings that are found…at the bottom of the Ambient Seclusion controls.…
To see the effect of these in action,…let's double click on our Ambient Seclusion output node…and then zoom in a bit…so that we can get a good look at some…of the more detailed areas.…In the Bitmap2Material standalone application…we would of course simply click…on the Ambient Seclusion tab in the 2D view.…If we then increase the sharpen slider here…to a value of one,…bring it back down to zero,…and then ramp it back up to one again,…we can see that the control does exactly…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.