Saving your output maps to a disk is key to your being able to use them in other applications for rendering, be that in a real time or offline rendering engine. B2M3 certainly allows you to do this, and so you will use the export capabilities of Substance
- Time now to bring all of our work to it's conclusion…and take a look at how we can go about saving out the…bitmaps that we will want to make use of inside…our render engine of choice.…Be that a realtime engine, such as Unreal…or on an offline renderer such as Vray or Arnold…in 3DSMax.…We will also take a look at how we can save out a bitmap…to material preset, so as to be able to use…these same settings again should we have the need…to make a similar type of material from…a similar input bitmap at some point in the future.…
Inside Substance Designer both of these processes are…simple and straight forward.…And so, with our final .sbsar file loaded we can come…over to the explorer panel, right click on the graph…and click the export outputs as bitmaps option.…And this will do exactly what it says.…And so in the options box that appears…we can set an output directory, add some tags to append…to the file name and choose the output format that…we want to save to.…
Using the browse for folder button let's locate the…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.