Good use of color masking can also help you produce roughness maps that look like they fit the input image that you're using. You can get good and speedy results from this by simply picking your colors from the input image.
- [Instructor] In this video, we're going to use…the color information found in our input bitmap…to help drive the roughness variation…in our final material,…all done by means of the Roughness From Color controls.…To make a start, we need to, first of all…set that option to True in the Parameters panel,…which as you can see, now gives us access…to a whole bunch of controls.…Taking a look at what we have,…the Mode drop-down lets us choose from three different ways…in which we can key or pull color info from our image.…
These being RGB (or color), Chrominance, and Luminance.…The default of RGB gives us the ability…to use a color from the input map…that can then be used to describe areas of the material…where we can make things either smooth or rough.…We can do this manually, as we will later on,…or if we click the Pick button,…we can click directly on our bitmap…and choose the color from there.…As we're dealing with foliage,…I will want the highlights or reflections…to appear on the green leaves an twigs.…
And so, we will set this in a moment or two.…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.