Getting approval for the direction a substance is taking can be key when working in larger teams. Because of this we need to be able to save out high resolution renders of our texture work. This is true whether our material creations are going into a game engine such as Unreal 4 or an application such as 3ds Max.
- [Voiceover] When it comes to quick feedback…on a substance, the 3D view is the quickest…and easiest way of seeing where we are up to.…But what if we need to get approval for the look…of a substance from someone who is perhaps off-site…and so is not able to look at our computer screen?…Well, one thing we could do is simply save out a render.…At this moment in time though, the default results…from the render command might not be quite what we want.…To see what I mean by this, let's come to the Camera menu…in the 3D view and select the Save Render command.…
From the dialog that appears we need to make sure…that we are saving the image to the exercise files folder,…calling it test.png, after which we can click Save.…Let's then open up the destination folder…and click to view the image.…And as we can see the image size…actually defaults to that of our 3D view,…something that can be confirmed if we right-click…and open up the properties for this particular image.…Which tells us that it has a resolution of 379 x 350,…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Rendering for Composites inside 3ds Maxwith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.