If you want, you can even use other maps or nodes so as to augment your normal maps. This means that extra details can be added by simply setting the Detailed option to true, and then plugging in your "extra information" nodes.
- [Instructor] When it comes to creating relief effects…whilst using bitmapped material three,…be that inside Substance Designer, Unreal Engine,…or any of the applications that support it,…one thing that we will probably find ourselves…wanting to do on a regular basis…is augment the results we are getting…via some extra input controls.…To see how we can do this,…let's click the dropdown in our relief controls,…and choose the from normal input option.…As we do this, we see that a second color input…becomes available on our B2M node in the graph.…
Now, in other applications,…we would need to use existing material…and our map nodes…in order to augment the relief pattern…that we are creating.…Given that we are in Substance Designer, however,…let's show off the power and flexibility that we have…by adding a drastically different pattern to the mix.…Obviously, to use this ability sensibly,…we would typically want to be adding details…that match or compliment the patterns…that we already have.…In this particular instance, though,…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.