Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Randomize stone elements, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Once you've created your initial stone,…you can start to get a tiling going…to see how it would look on the wall.…I'll go into my patterns under generators,…and scroll down into the tiles.…Here's tile random and tile random color.…I'll pull in tile random,…and in here I'm going to adjust this.…We can see it's already an ashlar form.…This is great because it provides…an easy start for us in our stone.…I'll pipe in that stone image,…and then in that tile switch the pattern over…from square to pattern input.…
We can see there's a lot of space in here.…And this is because of the scale of that stone.…What we can do is either scale up…the initial polygon, or scale here in the tile.…We also need to increase the amount on the X and Y,…which I'll put up to 6 and 12.…Making sure I have lots of stone showing.…I'll put in a random rotation,…so the stones don't all align.…How much? Something besides point .5.…We've got a random size in here,…and we can play with this as need be.…
I'll bring up random X and random Y,…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.