Join Adam Crespi for an in-depth discussion in this video Randomize plank placement, part of Substance Designer for Architectural Visualization.
- [Instructor] Once you've established your wood grain,…you can start to generate your planks, and to do this,…we'll use some brick generators and a tile generator.…I'll scroll up in the generators under patterns,…and there's my bricks.…In here, I've got brick generators, and I'll pull one in…and take a look at it.…This brick generator starts out with beveled edges.…What I'm going to do is first establish the grout…in my bricks and increase the number.…Keeping this number consistent is important.…
I'll start out with my bricks at eight on the X,…and 16 on the Y, and I'll increase the size of this…to a two-by-two within height.…Then, I'll take out the bevel, almost all the way gone,…down to a value of maybe .05 or four.…I'll do this on the X and Y, so I get basically hard lines…between the bricks, and these'll be my grout.…Now I've got that pattern and that number.…Eight and 16 is important.…
Right now, it's in a running bond, and we can always…change this if we need, using different offset…or choosing a different way of generating these bricks.…
- Mosaic and metallic tiles
- Determining tile patterns
- Varying tile roughness
- Exposing parameters for design flexibility
- Testing tiles in a scene
- Crafting subtle metallic properties
- Patterned tile for accents
- Wood tile flooring
- Creating wood grain from noise
- Ashlar veneer
- Molded wall panels
- Woven mesh
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Painted Metal in Substance Designerwith Joel Bradley1h 5m Intermediate
Substance Painter Essential Trainingwith Wes McDermott5h 55m Appropriate for all
1. Mosaic Tile
2. Metallic Tiles
4. Patterned Tile for Accents
5. Wood Tile Flooring
6. Ashlar Veneer
7. Molded Wall Panels
8. Woven Mesh
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.