Join Joel Bradley for an in-depth discussion in this video Publishing a substance, part of Learning Substance Designer.
- In order to go ahead and publish our substance,…we have gone back to the version of the substance graph…that we were working with before we went ahead and applied…the weathering effect that we looked at…in the previous exercise.…With our basic substance completed and with the required…parameters already exposed, it is time to take the important…but rather straight-forward step of publishing it.…To get that process rolling, let's come over…to the Explorer panel and from the resource list,…right-click on the Aged_Concrete.sbs entry.…
And from halfway down the menu list, go ahead…and click the Publish option.…At this point one of two things can happen.…If we are currently trying to publish an unsaved package,…then we would be asked to go ahead and take care…of that missing detail before proceeding.…As this is not the case here, we are instead taken straight…to the Publish to dialog.…Inside the naming field, we see that our Aged_Concrete title…has automatically been inserted, meaning all we need to do…is come across and click the Save button.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.