The size of your output maps directly affects the quality of your finished material. Take a look at how you can change and adjust this, using the size output controls in both Substance Designer and the stand-alone B2M 3 application.
- In chapter three of our course,…we are going to be focusing on B2M's global controls…in order to see just how they can affect…our material creation workflow.…Specifically in this first video,…we will take a look at the controls…that affect the size and resolution…of the texture maps that we will be outputting.…First of all, then,…if we click on our graph name in the explorer window,…and then come across to the parameters panel,…we can see, right at the top,…that we have the ability to set our document output size.…
Now, because we have chosen…to use the relative to parent option here,…and because our Bitmap has come…into Substance Designer using absolute values,…the Bitmap size, as the parent,…is passed down the substance graph.…So, if we take a look at the outputs…that we are getting,…we can see that these are indeed 2K maps,…same as the input Bitmap.…Now, in some instances,…this parent-controlled, fixed output…may be exactly what we want, which is fine.…
But, if we want to exercise a greater level…of control here, we will need to double-click…
- Bitmap2Material UI
- Exploring the parameters area
- Bitmap2Material Lite
- Loading Bitmap2Material
- Adjusting output size
- Changing the colors in an input bitmap
- Using the low, mid, and high frequency controls
- Setting the Roughness Value
- Setting the AO balance
- Loading your maps into Unreal Engine
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Bitmap2Material UI
2. Bitmap2Material in Substance Designer
3. The Global Controls
4. Fixing the Base Color Map
5. Using the Relief Controls
6. Building a Roughness Map
Setting the Roughness Value2m 18s
7. Generating Ambient Occlusion
8. Saving and Testing Your B2M Texture
What's next?1m 43s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.