5.3.4 has seen a number of small changes to the application, these include inverse square attenuation to all lights, the 3d view grid being off by default, FBX element names, and a new white noise fast node. Now its time for you to use these update features and create your own Game engine or DCC Application materials.
- [Voiceover] Having come to the end…of our Update chapter there are in closing,…some honorable mentions as regards features…that have been added to Substance Designer…that whilst worthy of being pointed out,…don't really warrant a video of their own.…First on the list is the fact that…Inverse Square Distance Attenuation has now been added…to all Point Lights that are used in Substance Designer…meaning that not only if you put light and quality better…but perhaps more important that more closely matches…how a Substance material will find itself being lit…once placed inside a game engine…or even a modeling and animation package such as 3DS Max.…
Another change and one that you have perhaps already noticed…is the fact that the grid in our 3D View…is now disabled by default…meaning we have to manually go and enable that…if we want to use it.…Now although this could be used…to judge the scale of certain parts of Substance material…if you, like me found the grid more distracting than helpful…then you will probably find this change to be a welcome one.…
- Creating a new substance graph
- Importing resources
- Setting up lighting
- Generating maps
- Creating material outputs
- Using generator nodes to create surface detail
- Using filters to create amps
- Publishing a substance
- Importing substances
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/04/2016. What changed?
A: We added 10 new tutorials covering the changes in the most recent versions of Substance Designer. Check out the videos in the new chapter, "5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights."
3ds Max: Rendering for Compositeswith Joel Bradley1h 50m Intermediate
Unreal Engine: Architectural Visualizationwith Adam Crespi3h 53m Intermediate
5.1 to 5.3.4 Update Highlights
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Generating Maps and Detail
3. Building Up the Material
What's next?2m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.